My readers’ questions: How to promote yourself on LinkedIn
Whenever I get asked a question that I feel is relevant to all my readers, I love to share the answer on my blog so that everyone can benefit from the advice. The latest query I received was:
‘How do you best to promote yourself with LinkedIn.’
Here are my tips!
- Have a complete and up-to-date profile – in case you have missed it, this is my previous post with advice on how to do this: linkedintosuccess.co.uk/8-all-star-linkedin-profile-tips/.
- Showcase your work by uploading it to your profile (e.g. testimonials, pictures, presentations, videos, etc.). If you can, also add details about previous roles.
- Use the groups – show yourself as the expert and answer people’s questions. But that’s not all: groups are a great way to get to know more people and expand your network.
- Make more connections – the more connections you have, the easier it is to reach out to key people that you need to know on LinkedIn. When you ask someone to connect, make sure that you always write a personal note.
- Share great content and get noticed via:
- LinkedIn Publisher
- LinkedIn Pulse articles
- Other connections content
- Share Company Page content
- As a status update with a link to the content
- Recommendations – if possible, get them for all your companies so that you can show everyone first-hand just how good you are.
- Target people you want to connect with and message them on LinkedIn. However, bear in mind that – unless you have a paid account – you need to be connected in order to do that.
I hope this has given you some food for thought in your quest to get noticed on LinkedIn, but if you need any additional advice, please do get in touch.
Got a question about LinkedIn? Email me at: email@example.com or message me on LinkedIn.
What to do now:
- Did you like my post? Please share with your network.
- Sign up to my newsletter in the side bar and get my articles straight to your inbox.
- Please follow my LinkedIn to Success company page for information and conversation around LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/linkedin-to-success
- Connect with me on Twitter and say hello: twitter.com/jadepluck
Jade Pluck owner of LinkedIn to Success, not only writes your LinkedIn profile so that you get found by potential clients, but most importantly teaches you how to use it effectively, so that you gain more business from it.
LinkedIn is an essential business tool that utilises your business connections to grow your business, so it is essential to make sure your profile is complete and that you are using it regularly in your business.
For more information, please look at my website www.linkedintosuccess.co.uk