4 tips for LinkedIn Success
LinkedIn is an extremely powerful tool in business and one that every person and business owner should be utilising. Being on LinkedIn can showcase your expertise so that clients come to you for business, help you to get in front of the key decision makers within an organisation, plus provide valuable insight into companies and individuals before you reach out to them. All you need to do is make sure you use LinkedIn as part of your marketing routine and have a plan in place so that you use it effectively.
In this article, I want to run through the four key areas that you need to looking at when using LinkedIn. Combining these with your overall goals will enable you to build on business relationships and help people through your sales pipeline.
Create a professional brand
- Ensure you have a complete profile. Just a few tips for you, use a professional picture and make the most of your header – make people want to find out more and connect with you. Think about rich media that will show you as the expert. When writing your profile copy, tell people about the benefits of working with you. Lastly, don’t forget keywords. These will help you get found when people search on LinkedIn.
- Content – you need to share and write good quality content that reinforces your brand. This could be your personal or company brand. Think about how to help your audience and what will answer their questions.
Connect with the right people
- LinkedIn Search – have a plan in place for you want to target, then use the search bar in LinkedIn. Here you can narrow down your search to people, posts, companies, groups and schools.
- Warm introductions – reach out to people in your 2nd degree network with an introduction from someone you know.
Engage with insights
- Content – there are loads of places to get your content seen on LinkedIn, but start with a status update on your home page. Share your blog, a news article, or start a conversation. Be seen as the expert in your field.
- Help your connections – use your content to get in front of your potential clients at key times in their buying cycle. Be in the forefront of their mind when they are ready to buy.
Build strong relationships
- Continually expand your network – take time each week to connect with people you know and have known. By expanding your network, the potential reach of your content grows and this means more brand exposure for you and the company.
- Use LinkedIn regularly to maintain your business relationships.
Helpfully, LinkedIn provides a tool to measure your success. It’s called the ‘Social Selling Index’ or SSI. If you click on the link below, you will be able to receive your free score, which will help you to see where you need to improve.
I hope these tips get you thinking about how you can use LinkedIn effectively. If you would like to book a free 15 min consultation where we can look to see what you would like to achieve with LinkedIn, drop me an email to schedule now firstname.lastname@example.org